Natalie was the youngest of three children and was first diagnosed with Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia (ALL) at age 8. She got into remission quickly and progressed through the maintenance therapy without incident. At this point, her mom thought it was all in the past. After 16 months of being off chemo, she relapsed (age 12) with the same leukemia. Harder therapy followed and she resumed a long 2-1/2 years of continuing chemo. Only 6 months shy of finishing that protocol, she relapsed AGAIN (age 14) and then the only direction we could go was a bone marrow transplant. Olivia, her oldest sister, was a perfect match for her. It takes about three months to treat and prepare a patient for a transplant, so that summer was brutal with chemo. The transplant took place in October 2005. She engrafted quickly and all looked fantastic. But at day 100, tests showed that the leukemia was back. That was a very low day in our home...she opted for no more chemo and we prayed for a miracle. What happened was she got her miracle by being with her Savior - Natalie died June 14, 2006 at age 15.
Natalie loved volleyball and played for Ozark for several seasons. She wore #2, loved butterflies and tulips, the color purple and God. You will see many of those things incorporated into our tournament t-shirts and awards. Possibly the best way to remember and honor Natalie is to play the game she loved, so we play for her.
We look forward to welcoming you to the 2021 Natalie Jones Memorial Tournament!
Date: February 21, and February 28, 2021
One Day Event
10U-15U Sunday, February 21, 2021 - Location Tulsa, OK
16U-18U Sunday, February 28, 2021 - Location Mount Vernon, MO
Cost: $275 per team
Locations: See Below
THERE WILL BE NO SPECTATOR LIMITS FOR THE NATALIE JONES TOURNAMENT THIS SUNDAY FEB. 28TH. THE FACILITY WILL BE EXTREMELY CROWDED, SO PLEASE BE AWARE AS YOU PLAN ON BRINGING YOUR FAMILY TO THE TOURNAMENT. WE ARE AT THE MAXIMUM CAPACITY FOR TEAMS.
1. Only 2 coaches per team will get free admission. Team reps and chaperones will not be given free admission to the tournament.
2. There will be seating available for spectators, however, you are more than welcome to bring your own chair as there is some limited room available for that as well.
4. Masks are required for all spectators at all times, unless you are eating or drinking.
5. We ask that spectators , vacate the courts immediately after their team's match is over and for spectators for the next match to wait until the scheduled start time to come to the court.
6. Coaches and teams should clear the bench areas promptly at the conclusion of each match to allow the next teams to take the court.
7. Teams and their spectators will be treated as a "family" group. Please make sure you stay on the side of the court your team is playing on while watching and sit together during off matches as much as possible.
IT IS EACH INDIVIDUAL'S RESPONSIBILITY TO FOLLOW THE GUIDELINES ESTABLISHED TO MAKE SURE EVERYONE'S HEALTH, SAFETY AND WELL BEING IS PROTECTED AND TO ENSURE THAT KIDS ARE ALLOWED TO CONTINUE TO PLAY THIS SEASON. PLEASE BE AWARE OF DISTANCING, WEAR YOUR MASK AND DO YOUR PART.
|AGE||DATE||START TIME||SATURDAY FACILITY||LOCATION|
|16-18's||February 28, 2021||8:00 am||417 Athletics Facility||300 W. Hayward Dr, Mount Vernon, MO 65712|
16s-18s 417 Athletics Complex - Sunday Feb. 28th, 2021
300 W. Hayward Dr.
Mount Vernon, MO 65712
Sunday Feb. 28 - 7:00 am-8:00 am
Team check-in will be located at the tournament desk. Please bring your final rosters unless you have submitted it prior to the event. You will be required to sign your roster at check in to verify accuracy. You should have a copy of your roster with you. Changes to rosters after the start of the first set will not be allowed.
Players can enter the facility once the coach has checked in.
-Doors for players and coaches will open at 7 a.m.
-Doors for spectators will open - see below:
16s Age Group - Spectators can enter the building as early as 7:15 am
17s Age Group - Spectators can enter the building as early as 8:15 am
18s Age Group - Spectators can enter the building as early as 7:30 am
- Admission Fees:
$10 per day
Kids 6 and Under: FREE
- No outside food or drinks allowed at the facility
- No coolers allowed
- Outside chairs are permitted.
- Please bring your own pencils and pens for the score table and take them back with you at the completion of the match.
- Start time for matches: You will need one person from the team to stay court side in order to let the team know it is time for your match. WARM-UP FOR MATCHES WILL START immediately following the end of the previous match.
- If you have any teams that might be willing to be on standby in the case of teams dropping out, please let me know as soon as possible, and I will put them on the wait list.
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY
The event will take place regardless of the weather. NO cancellations will take place. Please plan accordingly.
1 Day Event
- Pool play and playoffs are in one day ( 4 Matches guaranteed or 8 sets total)
- 5 Team Pools 2 Sets to 25 starting at 4-4 NO CAP
- 4 Team Pools 2 Sets to 25 starting at 4-4 NO CAP
- 3 Team Pools 3 sets to 25 start at 4-4 - NO CAP
- Warm-up: 2 (shared) - 4 - 4 minutes each team including serving.
- Bracket play - Best 2 out of 3 sets to 25 - NO CAP, sets 1 and 2 starting at 4-4, 3rd set to 15 start at 0-0 - NO CAP
- 1st Officials provided for ALL AGE GROUPS
- Teams are required to have an officiating crew consisting of 2 line judges, 1 scorekeeper, and 1 down official. There will be NO libero tracker duties at this tournament.
Officiating Penalties: Failure to provide officiating crew for your assignment could results in the forfeit of the 1st set of your next match. A coach must be present at the court site during officiating assignments. For every minute the officiating crew is late or incomplete, one point will be given to their opponent (up to 25-0 forfeit). The clock starts at match time.
The captain or coach must immediately submit any protest. Only application of the rules can be filed under protest. The official will report this action to the Site Manager. A call will be made to the Protest Committee for a prompt ruling.
1st and 2nd place individual awards in every division
For more information you can contact Jenny Lingenfelter at
email@example.com / (479) 200-4422